Sound Medical provides comprehensive care for acute and chronic conditions for men, women and children over the age of three. While we actively treat medical problems of all types, our emphasis is prevention and wellness as the means for our patients to achieve and maintain life-long health and happiness.
What we can do for you:
- Wellness Care - health maintenance exams, cancer screening, immunizations
- Women's Health - breast and pelvic exams, pap smears, management of menopause and osteoporosis
- Chronic Illness - management of diabetes, hypertension, heart and lung diseases
- Minor Surgery - laceration repair, skin biopsy, mole removal, cryosurgery, joint injections, trigger points
- Laboratory - on-site testing, drug screens,comprehensive blood testing via LabCorp
- Occupational Medicine - DOT and Coast Guard Exams
- Sports Physicals, School & College Exams, Camp Physicals
- Specialty Referrals for more specialized needs
Sound Medical Family Practice is committed to working cooperatively with PORT Health to facilitate access to behavioral health services needed by all patients. The two organizations have entered into an agreement to share all clinical information necessary to coordinate care in an efficient and effective manner. View the Port Health Mission and Values.
As the coronavirus pandemic spreads, public officials have taken increasingly strict measures to enforce social distancing. While essential travel including attending medical appointments remains permitted, telemedicine is an alternative that allows you to access medical care without having to leave your home.
Telemedicine services are now available at Sound Medical Family Practice.
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is the use of telecommunications technology to provide real-time health care to patients at a distance.
How is telemedicine delivered?
Telemedicine can be delivered using video-conferencing, audio communication, and/or text-messaging using mobile phones, tablets, and desktop computers.
Who participates in telemedicine?
Healthcare professionals can use telemedicine to see patients or to consult with other care providers.
What can telemedicine be used for?
Telemedicine has many applications in healthcare, including standard clinical care, counseling or therapy, patient education, professional consultant or supervision, and more.
Where can telemedicine be provided?
Telemedicine can be provided to a patient at home or work, or at another clinic or hospital. Now with mobile devices, you or the patient can be anywhere with access to the internet.
If you would like to discuss the possibility of scheduling a telemedicine visit, please call one of our locations:
Morehead City Location: 252.247.3476
Cape Carteret Location: 252.354.1970